We have created a list of useful websites that young people and their important adults can visit for more information about things like mental health, anxiety, sexual health and wellbeing, bereavement, and support in the LGBTQ+ community. We’ll add to this list of resources as we come across more that may be helpful.
- Shout – the UK’s first free, confidential, 24/7 text support service. It’s a place to go if you’re struggling to cope and need mental health support. Text 85258.
- Daylight – a personalized self-help program with specific guidance based on your particular problematic thoughts, behaviours, and responses to worry and anxiety.
- NHS24 – this service is there to provide urgent care advice and mental health support day or night. Call 111.
Sex and relationships.
- Brook is a UK charity supporting people with their sexual health and wellbeing. It’s a good place to read and learn about sex and relationships.
- Fumble is a free, digital sex education resource for the 21st century, aimed at young people. They recognise the challenges that social media and the internet bring to sex and relationships and strive to address these issues, as well as offline ones.
- The Mix is a charity that provide help and support via their website, phone, or social media. They are primarily aimed at young people under the age of 25, and tackle every aspect of life, not just sex and relationships. Their services are free, confidential, and anonymous.
- If you have been a victim of sexual violence and you don’t know what to do or who to turn to, Rape Crisis Scotland runs a national helpline with support and information for anyone affected by sexual violence open daily from 5pm – midnight, 365 days a year.
Grief and bereavement
- Young Minds provides information and support aimed directly at young people.
- Marie Curie Scotland – free helpline to anyone affected by the death of the loved one at any time in their life. Call 0800 090 2309.
- Child Bereavement UK provides information and support needed to help grieving children and young people.
- Beautiful Inside and Out – a Scottish registered charity, supporting bereaved parents and siblings of suicide victims. Call 07984328808.
- LGBT Youth — Scotland’s national charity for LGBTQ+ young people (ages 13-25). Here you can find local youth groups near you, digital support from youth workers, or get advice/information.
- LGBT Health & Wellbeing — Offering health support services for LGBTQ+ people. Offering mental health support, transgender support, community safety, sexual health support, and more. LGBT helpline: 0300 123 2523.
- It Gets Better — Campaign to send the message that ‘it gets better’ to LGBTQ+ people feeling lost, depressed, hopeless, or suicidal. Their mission is to uplift, empower, and connect the LGBTQ+ community.
- Mermaids — Support for transgender, nonbinary and gender diverse children/young people. Also offering support to families and professionals involved in their care.
- Gendered Intelligence — Seeking to educate and increase understanding of different gender identities and improve the lives of transgender people. They offer services to professional and educational services, and youth and community services.
- FFLAG — Offering support to parents and families of the LGBTQ+.